This is a topic that has large controversy, my thoughts on it aren’t like anyone else’s that I’ve heard or read about. So I’m going to try my best to fully explain it, though I may ramble a bit due to the multiple directions my opinion takes. So pre-sorry for that.
Abortion is murder, that much I agree with. I understand with those arguments that it’s an evil deed and killing something that will develop into a human. Though I then think about it a bit more and I disagree with the argument. Every period a girl has is the death of something that could have developed into a human. Why didn’t it? Because the female choose not to get pregnant. Just as a women might choose to have an abortion. Just as a mother might choose to not take care of her baby to the point it died. All resulting in the death of that human or possible human because of a choice.
I tried to look at this again from the point of few of Pro Lifers, and I can’t agree. Conception wasn’t the start of the life, it started with the unfertilized egg and the sperm. Each were living orginisms. Which makes me see the Pro Life argument as silly, unless they also agree in continually attempting to become pregnant. Which if the masses believed this, it would quickly lead to major over population problems.
Unless you’re continually pumping out babies, then you are choosing to kill. So ultimately the question is, “When is it no longer okay to kill a developing human?” With the large number of opinions on this concept, I think it’s just silly to argue over. It’s a choice, one that the parents should be allowed to make.
This is why I am Pro Choice.
As for those who are Pro Life and argue that the parents should simply put the baby up for adoption, I say no. If you really want to keep that baby alive, by all means offer to take care of it after it’s born. Otherwise you’re speaking on behave of someone else taking the baby, when based on the fact that so many kids are in the adoption system without parents, you’re actually speaking on behalf of no one. Speak for yourself not others.
Other information that should be taken into consideration;
Criminalizing abortions has never prevented them from being performed, it just makes them unsafe: illegal abortions cause an estimated 68,000 to 74,000 deaths, with five million suffering from complications each year.
February 12, 2012
Tags: #Abortion #Choice
- flamingcold reblogged this from bmrgould
- dreamsoflaceandchocolatecake likes this
- myhero-thelastrealdreamer likes this
- lidelse likes this
- rainbowchristian likes this
- b1ack-iris reblogged this from bmrgould
- placidgraysky likes this
- allofmyelephants likes this
- ican-tastethefailure-onyourlips likes this
- comenightfall reblogged this from bmrgould
- ohijustlovelife likes this
- omnislash likes this
- solipsistic-tendencies likes this
- shneeba likes this
- josers likes this
- caiife likes this
- blackpowhatan likes this
- mmsodelicious likes this
- cre4te-w0nder likes this
- a-fish-that-has-a-secret-wish likes this
- somewhere-with-purple-ducks likes this
- zero-three-seventeen reblogged this from bmrgould and added:
- zero-three-seventeen likes this
- lifefrommywindow likes this
- perfectatitsworst reblogged this from bmrgould
- das-leben likes this
- a-hamburger likes this
- -travel likes this
- dis0rient likes this
- clitfairy likes this
- incantati0ns likes this
- narezza likes this
- raallen1jw likes this
- isabelleyo likes this
- from-my-bones likes this
- big-green-style likes this
- worthymemories likes this
- worthymemories said: Agreed, ok. GO TO SLEEP NOW.
- b4ngers said: brandon you rant about EVERYTHING omg. hahaha
- cybergirlfriend said: go to bed
- bmrgould posted this